Monday, July 11, 2005

Find any DUS bahane to avoid this flick...

For the first time I was witness to a movie with a good twist being ended on a very dud note. How on earth will anyone find a family-cum-anti terrorist cell team, marriage-cum-anti terrorist operations, good actor-cum-very sick supporting actors? The story revolves around the four guys (they try very hard to portray themselves mean... but only their black suits n sunglasses give them tht feeling... ntn else). The leftmost is the chief of Anti-Terrorist Cell (ATC) n his staff includes his wife, his younger bro n his frnd. They r on a hunt for an international terrorist gang kingpin who wants to kill the Indian PM. To add some xtra zing, they don't have his pic, sketch or his hideout. All they have is his name... n they kick off a mission to hunt him down before 10th of May ... (10th May=Dus... I was thinking b4 the movie tht the star cast consisted of 10 ppl). After a bit drama n unnecessary romance with day-by-day increasingly sick-loookin Esha Deol... they end up on a stadium, full with around 20,000 spectators, where two BIG bombs r lying in two jeeps. The heroes in typical Bollywood style take away the jeeps n save the ppl n also kill the so called terrorist honcho. The only relief in the gruelling 2 n 1/2 hrs. is Pankaj Kapoor who stands tall with his acting skills. The end is such a tear-jerker tht I started crying too (yup really.... I was begging the usher "Torchwale bhaiyya lemme go home" but they didn't let me out n I was dragged n strapped to my seat for the rest of the movie)
5 things u can't miss in this movie:
i. Two good songs with skimpily-clad models gyrating their toned bodies.
ii. Zayed Khan n Esha Deol competing for the Worst Actor of the Year award. (I bet they can do this every year)
iii. Pankaj Kapoor's excellent acting.
iv. Shilpa Shetty's strategically placed awesome tattoo which she shows off in each scene.
v. Some foul language frm ur own mouth when this movie ends.... lol
P.S.: Parag don't see the movie so tht u can make it three-in-a-row.... he he

10 comments:

Parag said...

Thanks for the warning dude...;)

AnonymousBlogger said...

Sudeep, how would you say this movie compares to say, the average US action movie? Better or worse?

Sudeep said...

Some US action movies r good but don't ever compare any movie to this one coz this simply sucks.. It ain't a complete action movie..

LB said...

Bollywood movies are weird, and they are so long. The only one I've been able to sit through was Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, and my dad teased me so much for crying at the end.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha..they r too long for any US movie buff.. but if u wanna catch a good n short one do see BLACK..

Anonymous said...

Well Some books change people I guess. Atleast how they think. The one I was reading made me think a lot.

And thanks for the warning about the movie.

Anonymous said...

Tell me the book.. so tht i wont read it.. just kidding

harsh said...

thanks for the review.. the poster of the movie was quite inviting..
but u saved me from seeing this crap.
till now i thought the name was bcoz it had 10ppl in the movie or some one told me the movie is supposed to be released on 10th ....
whatever...

Sudeep said...

The movie has a good twist but the last 10 min crap takes all the enthu built-up..

Anonymous said...

I agree Shashi.. but blowing away money just for the hot babes?.. no way.. Instead go to JM or FC road.. u don't have to pay there.. ;)