Friday, July 21, 2006

Testing waters!

It is so easy to copy if u are made to sit tht close in exams and tht too besides such a ‘helpful’ partner. The day before the exam I had casually glanced at how much each student had covered and then decided to sit besides a guy, who I felt had done his homework well enough. On the day of the exam I luckily managed to come a few minutes before the scheduled paper n luckily I see one chair besides him is vacant. I scurried my way to tht chair n as soon as I sat there, the teacher felt something fishy n ordered me to occupy the vacant chair next to the whiteboard in the conference room. Now the word teacher might give u an idea of an old, fat lady with specs n a cane/ruler in hand but this teacher is just around 2-3 yrs elder to me n I have worked with her on a previous project too, but it is impossible to argue when u r a student there n not a frnd. Anyways I had to move my ass over to tht chair n then began the ordeal when the papers were distributed. Luckily the questions were objective (some with alternatives too) but the topics which I had done well were asked for half mark.. yeah a mere half mark each question n the ones which I thought were not deserving enough to be studied were for two marks each. There I was left stranded with another guy sitting next to me who knew more than me but I was sure he was a dumbo.

So whatever he wrote or selected from the options I did just the opposite.. he he. Guess what, I scored 80 out of 100 n tht guy was the lowest with marks in some fifties. The first guy who I thought was the studious of the whole lot got a whooping 97. The top three scorers were made to give the whole class a party.. now tht shifting of chairs was a blessing in disguise ;)

Zidane n Materazzi have been banned n fined but this historical moment in the world cup has been the source n inspiration of many mails nowadays. On an average 2 out of 10 mails are on this topic. One mail says tht Materazzi asked Zidane “Bhaiyya hum Chloromint kyun khate hain” on a very famous ad on Indian television or then another shows a gif image how Zidane actually meant to save Materazzi from a bullet, aimed at him, in true heroic style. But the best was tht just within 2 days of the incident (even before I finished sulking ‘bout my prediction gone wrong) some person came out with this stuff. One can be in Zizou’s place in this small game n head butt not one but many Materazzis’. Even if u r fan of Italy, u can enjoy the game n hey in the end Zidane gets a red card not you :). Don’t play so much tht u go out on the street n start head butting everyone…have a gr8 weekend.

EDIT: The Prez has received a threatening letter. I am scared! :D

30 comments:

Monami Roy said...

80...not bad!...80 is excellence for the preacher!!!
but were u the 3rd guy who got the highest????

AnonymousBlogger said...

Congrats on the test Sudeep. 80% is great.

You showed that teacher. She was probably certain you'd fail if you weren't sitting by the smart guy, and she puts you by the dumbass, and you do great.

I still think materazzi took a dive when he saw Zidane's head coming his way. I think he dropped to the ground before the head even hit him ;)

Tarun said...

Man I knew one thing whenever I wanted to "help" myself in exams i always get the dreaded first bench.Literally under the supervisior's nose.
That made me term a phrase which was, "the seat u get for a particular exam is a result of what u did in the previous exam."
"If things have to go wrong, they will go wrong."

Aditi said...

Nice!! Not a bad score... Congratulations... and err should I say your teacher/friend/colleague must know u real well sudeep

Neha said...

80 marks!!boss!! sahi hai beta!!
and that teacher must be thinking that u some fool or something..well u were the wisest of all..writing just the opposite of that dumbass nex to u...
so..out of the torture of these training sessions!must have been a pain...well...all wells that ends well :-)

Sudeep said...

@MSP: 80 is super-duper excellent for me.. tht would be total of 2 subjects score of engg.. :D
nope i was 4th.. n there were more than 5 students in the class :D

@Sean: thnx..
all thnx to tht dumbo n myself ;)
lol.. it seems ur anti-Italia temper is rising again :P

@Tarun: ha ha.. i know.. tht has also happened to me many times b4
the seat u get for a particular exam is a result of what u did in the previous exam
ha ha.. nice one

Sudeep said...

@Aditi: Tht score was not at all expected so i would term tht as best.. :)
i guess so..

@Neha: oye.. how come the babe is surfing on weekend?
thnx.. i agree all is well tht ends well :)

Kathy said...

..lol! lucky u hehe ^_^ congratz!!
had a party? say hi for me to the topnotcher guy :P

...Rina loves that Zidane game hehe ^_^ and shes laughin' so much
..shes sayin' hi to u Sudeep ;)

..and i didnt run yesterday lol! not able to scrapped coz Rina did game for long! it's summer holiday na and already vacation in school so i dun own the pc anymore ;(;( we'll fight from now on who will use first grrrr!!

..enjoy weekend sweetie!
miss ya :P

cheers,
-kathy-

ishipishi said...

*sooooooo tempted to ask!....sigh....but won't*!!! :(

congrats on d score:-)...!

hope u're havin a good time dis wkend?...I am...so far:)..

tk care...and...will email kal...(arrey nahi won't ask tab bhi!)...

smile!...:-)...

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

arrey ! what happened to you ? i am tralkingabt the previous post ! u were fine on friday till u went for the movie. now what ?

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

oh man ! i so love Susie ... wish i could have done that in school ! rather i picked up a huge fight w/ the guy who copied from me ...

* P. S : We still aren't on talking terms *

i saw the game .. but u know , my sypathies and loyalities are totally w./ Zidane ( just like A/B )

i checked out the links u sent me , but didnt comment

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

the Prez DID recieve a threatening letter. and , i rem telling Amma that my friend did write one ... heh heh heh heh !!!!

Ekta said...

hehe..
thats a nice story..as they say..some things happen for the best;-)
But u used to copy...chii chii..bad boy!

Keshi said...

u scored an 80%! greattttttttt Sudeep :)

Zidane is hot ;-)
Materazzi is just an ass.

Keshi.

Anand said...

wow!
U scored 80% after copying!!
Damn I never managed to score so high after coying...lucky u!

Sudeep said...

@Kathy: yes we had a party.. will tell him tht u waved a hi
say hi to Rina too.. n dont fight with her too much.. lol

@Ishita: he he.. thnx
i also want those glasses to enjoy..

@Deepa: movie was nice..
even i like Zidane even after wht he did.. infact now i feel he did the right thing instead of winning the WC
thnx for building up my image

Sudeep said...

@Ekta: yeah.. i wished tht was the case in all previous exams.
No i didnt copy earlier just this time..

@Keshi: thnx..
then Zizou shld have butted him in his ass? :D

@Anand: ha ha.. tht was gud one

Ujwal said...

yeah i got that zidane-matt game some time ago too, it is kind of funny. Anyway did u read the article in times saying: "new terms the world cup gave us" or something of like that. Chk it out. Its a little funny too.

Anonymous said...

Your experience reminds mine with Prem Pyaari,my lecturer for Basic electonics during my ist yr B.Tech....

btw tnx for editing my url here...

Pinks said...

hee hee..dat was funny...good presence of mind..congo..

SeePearrl said...

"It is so easy to copy if u are made to sit tht close in exams and tht too besides such a ‘helpful’ partner."

ha ha ..best to happen...when you dunno anything and yet you want to make it! :P

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

u r welcome , u really are !

Keshi said...

lol ur right! That wud be called butt-butting.

Keshi.

P said...

LOL...well written!

Kathy said...

... Sudeepuu 24 hours online in messenger?? lol! what's that?? haha ^_^... seems YM sucks too na??

... have a nice day sweetie ^_^

hugsssssss!

Sayesha said...

Hahahah! The C&H strips rocked! :D

Sudeep said...

@Ujwal: didnt know 'bout the article.. will check it

@Ganga: she too did the same?
u r welcome...

@Pinky: thnx :)

@Rathna: yeah.. :)

@Deepa: grrrr!!!

Sudeep said...

@Keshi: lol @ butt-butting

@Pers. Inc: thnx.. :)

@Kathy: i was trying to use a net-based mssgr.. it signed me in but i couldnt see anything

@Sayesha: yehi toh woh pics hain jinhe gharse upload karna padta hain

@kkalpz: hey welcome back..
80 is best :)
didnt get it till yest 1 at nite..

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

It seems u r a great fan of the 'Calvin & Hobbes' strips. Good try on the exam scene but lucky u...what wud u hv done if that intellectual guy wud'v acted like 'Susie'? Moral of the story: Keep reading K&H everyday and learn lessons from them...U'll score well. ;-)

Sudeep said...

@Priyanka: yup.. i luv them
i would have flunked big time then.. ha ha
lol @ the moral