Friday, July 27, 2007

As random as it can get..


Finished my 10 day leave and am back to office. Given the rate of attrition everyone is eyeing me suspiciously and most have already decided that I am about to resign like all others are doing. Anyone, who smiles at the HR person, is under intense scrutiny nowadays and people even go to the extent of deciding the relieving date even when the person has not resigned. Some people said that I was not accessible during my leave and complained that I neither checked mails nor answered calls. In my defense I would say that I was studying and the mobile is for the convenience of the owner and not the caller. I did start with the studies (in case Dalicia is wondering he he) and I am hoping to give at least one if not a few hours daily towards some serious preparation or else I will be stuck in a job either in this company or some other and I am seriously bored of ‘working’ (read professional) life now.

We had our school’s class reunion on last Saturday. Most of my classmates are out of Pune so the strength of the meet was just around 15 out of 60 odd students. But it was good catching up with them and reviving some long forgotten school memories as I was meeting some of them after 6-7 years. It was also quite a revelation on how the girls now pass comments, the same which we did during the school days, about other girls but that time they had vehemently denied accepting those. I won’t go into a confession mode but felt happy that those observations of guys still hold true he he. One of the girls remarked during a conversation “I never knew Punjabis can speak Marathi so fluently.” I retorted “Thanks! I am learning” and the people who know me well laughed so loudly that the girl was a bit embarrassed and in turn me too for saying that. Later I clarified that I am not a Punjabi and neither learning Marathi.

While helping Sayesha to find a friend in Singapore (one of my colleagues shifted there after her marriage so was introducing them) I observed that I also need to find people here. I remember I had written similar thing about 2 years back when I had finished college and my college friends were leaving for destinations abroad or for jobs outside the city. But then I came across some wonderful people in company and now when they are leaving I find myself back to ground zero. Out of all these company guys Gaurav & Mahesh would be my favourite people coz we three have spent the maximum time together.. maybe in sleepovers at somebody’s house, in the gym watching babes instead of working out or at the fresh ice-cream parlour sipping CAD-M. Gaurav has already left the organization and Mahesh is leaving Pune in mid-August so might be we would be having our last night-out together tonight.

I wonder how many of you could mug up or very coolly remember Newton’s laws in school or college. I couldn’t; but had the new Apache bike advertisement aired in those days I certainly would have remembered them. I found the ad uploaded on youtube here... have a look even if you don’t know Newton’s laws or are not fond of bikes.

4 comments:

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey !!

1st !
am glad to be back on track :)

AnonymousBlogger said...

Damn. Deepa beat me. Oh well, 2nd is ok, and it's nice to have Deepa back.

Sounds like you've been pretty busy Sudeep. Too bad you're back at work though.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sudeep,
how's ya buddy? I really missed you guys.
I'm back to blogging but on a difft url..

--Gangadhar

Keshi said...

bah! :)

Keshi.