Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Maslow shopped at Piramyds...


Since a few months when I have a problem and I am trying to find an answer to it, I find myself seated on the bench of Piramyd shopping mall on SB Road. I find myself looking at the huge building of the mall and the even taller buildings of some IT companies surrounding the mall. Awed by the immense concrete structures and the cool breeze blowing steadily with that whoosshhh sound I find myself dwarfed by them and the problem seems like a speck of dust on the huge glass panes of the buildings. Might be the winds are trying to blow away those specks of dust and then the next gust of wind brings dust back onto them from some other place. I find myself looking towards the starlit sky and the crescent moon wondering about the life in those places. I find myself staring at the huge cut-out of a Maria Sharapova look-alike model with 2 buttons of her shirt open and playing peek-a-bra with everyone in sight. I find myself wishing that she would come out of that larger than life poster and take my hand into hers’ and assure me that everything will be alright. Out of the blue I find a hand clasping mine and a look of assurance which says I am not alone. The winds seem to stop dead in their tracks and the buildings fade into oblivion. I find myself staring into deep eyes of a lovely face. And then I find myself.

It seems I have disliked the shopping malls for quite a long time now; if not the interior, these days the exterior has developed a liking for me and vice-versa. Wishing all my friends and near-n-dear ones a Happy Valentine’s Day!

5 comments:

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hi deaaarrrrr

happy valentines day

thanx 4 da calvin strip

Tarun said...

Hmmm....

Valentines turrning into money making gimmick I have recieved more sms from Hutch (about romacining caller tunes game, wall papers, and all that) then from my gf whos busy with her office, I called her, she relied,"Same to u call in the evening.Bye."

I would like to wish a happy St. Valetines.Pune has a zillion bars right?

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Sudya! :) See! I'm wishing nicely...although it's the 15th now. Oh, and this C&H is one of the cutest ever!!
Hope you don't spend too much time outside the mall. Sometimes, when people are stressed, they tend to go on a shopping spree. :P

Neha said...

Awww Sudeepuuu....this post was kind of depressing :( Get a gal...get a life...tel her ur problems and go shopping with her, until and unless its he who is ur problem, instead of staring at the malls exteriors!

Neha said...

In the above..please read "its he who is the problem" as "its she who is the problem" :D