Saturday, September 24, 2005

Normal....

The original look is back in place. The font size n alignment were not matching with the space provided for posting. PHEW!! Last night itself I vowed tht I would not write a post by mail again. But 5-10 minutes after that a "News" on the main blogspot page grabbed my attention. From what I read it seems to be a small software for posting if the blogger is using MS Word. Now my last post was edited in MS Outlook which uses Word to format. Hmmm.... thinking of giving it a try after downloading it. Blogspot deserves a mention for making the homepage better. The new addidtions like updated blogs give it a nice look. But, I m feeling happy seeing my page return to the normal look.



The city has also returned to it's normal state. The clashes between the police forces and a bunch of hooligans had brought disrepute to the city's clean 112 yr record of the Ganesh idol immersion festival. Police had to resort to lathi charge n use tear gas shells to disperse the angry mob who wanted to go against the 10 pm loudspeaker deadline set by the Supreme Court. Many innocent ppl had to bear the brunt of the Rapid Action Force. Each yr I actively participate, but thnx to my mom, who fell a bit ill tht I decided to stay home tht night otherwise would have landed in some hospital. It was the first time I watched the procession on television.



Speaking 'bout normal, the roads are back to their 'normal state' after heavy rains lashed the city. The patchy tar work which was done has come out and the whole landscape is now full of beautiful potholes with each having the size almost of a small swimming pool. If the water logged in those was clear I bet u would find me having some fun with some beauties... he he he.

3 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

Teargas, heavy rains, hooliganism, it's a miracle you're OK.

It's also nice to know it's not just here where people don't know how to fix roads. At least in the winter, or potholes are filled with snow ;)

harsh said...

i am trying to upload a few pics of the procession.. not that great... I happened to leave the site of rift just a coupla hours before it all started :)

Anonymous said...

@AB: I don't know if to feel good tht ur roads r also bad or feel bad tht still no improvement of the roads

@Harsh: Good tht u left early... waiting for the pics.. i hope u got one of Dagdusheth