Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Paheli

Paheli (english meaning riddle) has been chosen to be sent for the Oscars from India. Directed by Amol Palekar*, it has Rani Mukherjee n Shahrukh Khan as the lead actors. Since, I haven't seen this movie (courtesy SRK hate factor) can't comment on the story n the acting. But, charging ahead in the competition with Swades, Parineeta n such films it definitely has to be different. Let us hope it goes on to achieve what Lagaan couldn't.


*Amol Palekar is one of my fav actors. I wanted to see Paheli only 'coz of his direction but.... Anyways, seeing his pictures n interviews frm yesterday (after the nomination was announced) reminded me of some of his good movies. Some of my fav movies starring him are Golmaal (ultimate combination alongwith Utpal Dutt), Gharonda (if I m not wrong, his onscreen name is Sudeep), Chitchor, Choti Si Baat.... list is long. I luv the songs more when Yesudas has lent his voice. Among the songs I like humming to Jaaneman Jaaneman - Choti Si Baat, Ek Akela/Do diwane shehar mein - Gharonda, Aanewala Pal - Golamaal. Wishing best of luck to the whole team....


P.S.: Yet I feel tht Parineeta shld have been sent ... the 'Lolita' stuff might appeal the foreign community.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad choice Sudeep, Parinita would have been the worst choice.
According to me, Black shud have been sent.

Sudeep said...

@Barbie: :(

@Nishant: Gosh! How did i forget Black.. i haven't seen Parineeta but the story might have appealed the audience abroad

AnonymousBlogger said...

I wish I could comment on those movies or actors, but unfortunately, I havn't heard of any of them. :(