Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Name one famous Indian TT player

Probably I don’t follow table tennis, but when I asked this to better-than-me players no one could come up with a single name. Now, don’t google for it post it in the comments section :D. But, last 2 days were fun playing the game n esp when almost all were playing for the 1st time or not playing regularly. I lost the singles match comfortably :D while in doubles myself n Gaurav won the 1st round yesterday. In singles, we had best of 3 games with each game of 11 pts while in doubles best of 3 games as well but with 21 pts. The problem with singles match is tht when I was just thinking tht now I shld start getting some pts the opponent was already placed well ahead with a lead of 8-9 pts. So the match literally ended within 15 min. But, the opponent was Kanadda n he had to take a verbal volley of Marathi words throughout the game (not swear words just plain n simple gibberish :P). Today in a couple of hrs we face one of the best playing pairs in our company, so we r definitely gonna lose. But there r certainly few things which I have learnt in these 2 days:

Lawn tennis n table tennis have only tennis word in common. So if u can play lawn tennis decently it is not tht u can win a TT tournament by directly playing the first time in the match itself.

The energy reqd to keep the ball within the table is inversely proportional to the size of the playing court. Smashes n lobs are not meant for tt. Either u break ur fingers while smashing or smash the tubelight while lobbing the ball.

Table tennis rules suck!! Why cant I take full-toss (volley) instead of waiting for the ball to bounce frm the table. Also I cant touch the table with the racquet coz it is foul.

The only best thing I can see in a singles match is tht u can serve anywhere (ofcourse within the table limits). But again why to bounce the ball first on my side n then on other side?

Another point is tht the tables are kept in closed confines (atleast here they are) n though there are fans above (not used coz covered with cobwebs) the table space they don’t allow to switch them on. The ball swings they say.. I mean then how m I gonna generate spin for my shots without using the fan.

Lawn tennis rocks while table tennis sucks. Sucks BIG TIME!! But still I will be trying to learn it sometime in future.

10 comments:

Neha said...

cricket rocks! :-D

me first!!

ishipishi said...

oh maa!!! @ d comment above!!

and that's enuff to ensure i stick to sayin...i don follow either Tennis or TT!!! *pheww*

have a good wkend...:-)

Tarun said...

Man some ones hurt make sure u post a Band Aids Ad in the next post.
Yes me too never enjoyed TT.
Never ever got the hang of it.

The Girl Who Sold The World said...

Comment on the post:
I remember playing the game just once when I was 14. That's it. I realised that it requires loads of practice and too much concentration and for me, that's like next to impossible. :P :D

-----------

@The League of Pissed Off Gentlemen (and women, if any):
Is it just me or are you guys simply overreacting? I didn't see any malice towards the oh-so-wonderful TT in the post. I'm sure most others didn't either. (I'm excluding more trolls who might sniff TT and come here to comment and also, to proudly display their medals...*applauds their efforts in advance*). SO WHAT if TT is such an amazingly popular game as you're describing it to be? SO WHAT if it requires skill and concentration? If someone doesn't like it, he doesn't. Simple enough. Say, ABC hates George Bush and there are zillions of Republicans who can give enough facts and say that he IS a good leader. SO WHAT??? ABC is still entitled to voice what he thinks of that man. I can say that I hate chocolates. I just HATE them. They suck! Someone else might give me thousands of reasons to like them. SO WHAT??? If I still want to say that I hate chocolates and that they suck, I will.
Free world, after all. We don't live in some Fascist regime, you know, where we must be stoned for criticising something/someone.
Oh, and did you guys know that this place where you spewed all that nonsense is something called a "blog". Did you get the word? B-L-O-G. The last time I checked, one had the full liberty to voice one's opinions here, and yes, even criticise something that one doesn't like.
And did I tell you guys something? Table Tennis SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS. There! Eat it now.


@Sudeep: Sorry, man...I just get too pissed off at trolls and it's been a long time that I encountered someone like that. Plus, at 4:30 am, there's nothing much to do. :P Really sorry if you wanted to sort this out peacefully *hangs her pretty head in shame*. Delete the comment if you want to. I've already said what I wanted to. :)

AnonymousBlogger said...

I'm better at table tennis than the real thing, so if I had to choose one to play, it would have to be the mini-version.

I didn't know you weren't able to touch the table with your paddle. I think I do that all the time when I play :|

Thanks for the heads up about that rule.

Sudeep said...

@Neha: ha ha.. but i cant play it well so i prefer watching cricket

@Nihal: welcome here.. c ya around

@Ishita: lol.. playing safe

@Tarun: he he.. posted but dont know whether its a band aid or a pinch of salt with a dash of lemon :P

Sudeep said...

@Gururaj: welcome here... c ya around
luved the use of 2nd pt.. LMAO!!

@Navdeep: lolzz..
muuaahh for tht comment.. i think u got a lot of affection frm me for this one.. now m sharpening my epee to hurt ur sore foot :P

@Sean: dont know if tht is a rule but i lost 2 pts on tht

@Neetika: m doing gud.. hope u got my mail.. tk care

Sudeep said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ArChaNaR said...

lol! sudeep .. why can't i take a full toss

I mean then how m I gonna generate spin for my shots without using the fan.
hehehe .. u don't even have to generate spins .. woh to automatically ho jata hai.. even ur worst shot becomes the best shot. lolz!

I love TT and I still play, but unfortunately, our manager removed the rec room :(( sob sob.. now I can't play TT
but honestly , i don't know any famous players :D except me :P

Sudeep said...

@Archana: yahan bhi recreation ka nahi hain :(