Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Can’t think of a title!

There are some days in one’s life which are highly depressing and one cannot just come out of the sullen mood no matter how hard one tries. I don’t know if this can be generalized, but for me fortunately this is true coz this is restricted to only a few days.. very rare days. A fortnight back saw two very bad days and I wasn’t able to force a smile even after some kind friends were willing to help. But the question for them would have been what and how to help coz I never pour out my heart to anyone when I am not in a good mood and even after getting back to normal myself. I hate this habit of mine but I can’t or rather don’t want to give it away. I not only believe in but practice as well Sayesha’s statement ‘I also have my share of sad days; it is just that I make a big deal of the happier ones’. This applies to my life as well as my blog. So I sat sulking for 2 days and trashed away two posts I had written for the community blog and one for here. Anyways such days are necessary to serve a reminder of much happier days in our lives.

Btw that had me thinking why do I blog? To share my ‘happy days’ with some people I interact only online, those whom I don’t know in real life? To put forth my opinions on topics supposedly important for me? Well I couldn’t reach a conclusive answer and at the same time one of my colleagues mailed me a document. He is a member of a group, which shares an article every day and this was one of them. Here are a few excerpts from the document that why blogging is good for your career (according to them):
Blogging creates a network: A blogger puts himself out in the world as someone who is interesting and engaging - just the type of person everyone wants to meet. Phil van Allen, a faculty member of the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena says ''It's the new public relations and it's the new home page. Instead of a static home page, you have your blog. It's a way to let people know what you are thinking about the field that interests you.”
Employers regularly Google prospective employees to learn more about them and blogging gives you a way to control what employers see. ''People who are more visible and have a reputation and stand for something do better than people who are invisible," says Catherine Kaputa, branding consultant and author of ''Blogging for Business Success."
Blogging makes the world a better place.
I don’t know how my blog makes the world a better place but surely it is one of my favourite places I like to visit online and just reading through my own archives is quite a pleasure for me. What a narcissist you might be thinking lol! I also happened to stumble upon this link while surfing – Corporate Blogging

As some of you know I have joined this community blog – Between Us Friends – a place for friends and to make new friends. Well the latter part has been conveyed later to me by Ishita, the blog moderator, during a discussion in which I had quite pissed her off.. he he.. kidding Ishi. Do visit the blog and if you feel interested you have to send a request I assume to the admin for getting on board. I have added an image in my sidebar of the blog pic.. scroll down and have a look. Each fortnight 2 topics are voted by members as topics for the posts. It is quite difficult for me to write on a given topic coz for me blogging is what comes to my mind first and not like kind of essay writing. Though the problem every time is that a nice post strikes my mind on the assigned topic but sadly the date for it is already over.. he he.

Go and see the Goa pics which I have finally uploaded on the pics blog. I will try to scribble a few lines on some of the incidents of the trip in some post.

7 comments:

Parag said...

Blog is like a double edged sword, you can write whatever your thoughts are, but you should be aware that its public, and your friends, colleagues and employers are probably reading it!

btw, I can't believe you have slowed down to one post a month!

The Girl Who Sold The World said...

i get the silver.
off to read the post now.

The Girl Who Sold The World said...

"just reading through my own archives is quite a pleasure for me"
*shakes head sadly*
you really are amazing, do you know that? i mean, even I am not that vain!
but anyway, i know what you mean about the blogging bit. my blog was a great therapy for me, a place where i could speak my mind and be sure that people won't judge me because i don't know them...and even if they WOULD judge, i wouldn't care because they're strangers and they hardly matter! :D now that the blog is dead and gone and my mourning period over, i miss it. maybe i'll blog again with a new username and a new title. world selling is boring. people bargain too much. :P
oh, and i have the C&H strip! i bought 3 books a few days back. yayyy! :D
by the way, bad days get even worse if you keep on groaning the whole day. yes, yes, i used to do it too but now, i've realised that it does get better in the end. oh well, me and my life-is-perfect theories. :P

Michelle said...

lol..u can still club all the posts u wanted to write bout @ BUF u know :) don think ishi wud mind...btw ive changed my blog url its www.and-all-that-jazz1.blogspot.com

AnonymousBlogger said...

Well Sudeep, we all have those really bad days. I hope those bad days are over for you now.

Blogging really is a great way to network. Does it have as big effect as is implied in the article? I'm not sure, but at the very least you do get to meet new people, and that is never a bad thing personally or professionally.

Dalicia said...

ah...who knows! but i got to know you through blog. you're a pretty cool person :)

Keshi said...

u r being missed!

Keshi.