Friday, June 22, 2007

Lahanpan de ga deva..

I want to learn again how to enjoy rains and not frown on getting wet thinking of sitting in chilled cubicles.

I want to go on long vacations again.. Summer, Diwali, Christmas whatever might be the reason but regular and long.

I don’t want the stress of reviewing people’s performance and the unnecessary thoughts whether my review will decide their future.

I want to hurt my knees and elbows while playing, get my clothes soiled and I want to see my mom frown looking at me in this condition smiling innocently at the doorstep.

I want to go to the terrace and lie down leisurely watching the eagles soar high up in the sky.

I want to sing Happy Birthdayyy.. again and wait for my piece of cake and wafers instead of partying in some new high class restaurant watching friends getting drunk.

I want to go and play rugby again just to bang my head on that adjacent wall to make sure that this time the wall cracks open instead of my head.

I want to go on a trek or go for a jog in the nearby hills rather than sweating it out on a treadmill and elliptical.

I want to go to school again with all my classmates and have a wonderful time again.

I want to go back so that I can have another chance of doing things which I thought I couldn’t do or were not for me.

I want to be a chubby kid for elders to pull my cheeks


Damn.. I really want to be a kid again. How ironic is that when we are kids we want to grow up fast and now we want to go back and be a child. Saint Tukaram (I hope I am correct coz my history is quite weak) aptly had put down Lahanpan de ga deva, mungi sakharecha rava.

3 comments:

teacup said...

Sigh, so true! Me too :(

Aditi said...

a kid when the biggest worry seemed to be going home with muddy clothes.. or finishing that silly math problem in time for class tomorrow.. or wondering what to play during the break with friends..
when it was so easy to speak your mind and not fear the consequences..when the R word was just a big word we couldnt spell...
a kid when mostly.. heartbreak was just a funny ailment we didnt understand

Dalicia said...

i don't want to be a kid...:P
go back to school again...no way..ahhaha i don't want to face another round of studies :P