Thursday, November 17, 2005

My Experiments with Truth - M.K. Gandhi

I don't like ppl who lie. I mean if it is just for the sake of fun n not causing any harm to others, it is ok... i m into it 24x7. But, not otherwise. If u remember I had written a couple of posts back tht I had just completed my probation period with my current employer. But, for bagging a new project I was told by my manager to lie about a few things which I was very awkward telling the client. I won't go into the details of it but I feel tht u shld get work on ur merit or capability to do it n not by bragging. Another incident which pissed me was around a couple of weeks ago. During a client visit, everybody was asked to dress up in formals. Why to pretend in front of them? Let them know tht we -work- here... why shld it matter wht we wear or don't wear. I m not at all comfortable in formals. The first time i wore them was when i was a co-host for a programme n i was like "How am i to speak wearing this neck-gripping tie? uggghhh ... save me pls." Anyways, all of us came dressed up for the client visit n the client representatives were dressed down.. literally. I mean the guy was wearing a 3/4th n a tee & the gal was in a micromini. Yeah.... a micromini... not a common sight here, so no wonder all guys were ogling at her. I was discussing this with one of my seniors, who had recently come frm Singapore (where the client is based), 'bout this casual vs formal stuff. He said tht wht the clientele was wearing was almost the same they wear daily at work. I almost fell frm the chair "WHAT!! If the gal wears tht stuff daily then wht does she wear in casuals... a bikini?" ... lol. This time he fell frm the chair ;). Anyways, wht I want to say is tht i can work in a comfy environment n clothes I wear do count for me.



Ok enuf of bitching about the company. One of the things I like here is tht we r allowed to listen to music. Not many of my frnds have tht privilege in their companies. Currently my playlist consists of:

You are my no. 1 - Enrique ..... Beautiful lyrics
Chodo na Mujhe - Rules
Kabhi Phool Dena - Bombay Vikings .... Amazing lyrics with an equally amazing backgrnd score
Dil Jo Bhi Kahey - Dil Jo Bhi Kahey
Ada - Garam Masala
Dil Samunder - Garam Masala
Tu Kaun Hai - Lucky Ali
Ishq di galli - No Entry .... Catchy tune n i feel like dancing
Aashayein - Iqbal
Guilty - Blue
Ishq Hai Jhoota - Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena
Summer of 69 - Indianised version .... earlier i thought they just messed up the song but with the flute n Hindi wordings it is awesome
Aaja Piya - Remix ... probably the only remix which i luv
Tera Intezaar - Rahul Vaidya ... i cant believe i m listening to one of the voices frm Indian Idol
Kase Sartil Saye - Diwas Ase ki .... one of the most fav song

9 comments:

Keshi said...

Hey Sudeep!

Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

Na I dun like pretences too...just a waste of time and energy. But we have to wear formal when we meet clients too :) which is not all that bad actually. Fridays we we wear casuals...and it's my fav day :) And oyeah, we can listen to muscis at work...it's one of the best priviledges ;-) at my office.


Keep rocking..will be back for more.
Keshi.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Interesting that the company would want you to lie. I'm suprised that a superior would want to, basically, endorse that sort of thing.

Music is a wonderful thing. I'm listening to mine now. It just makes the day go by that much quicker. Having it at work must be great.

Anonymous said...

@Keshi: Music is gr8 while studying/working.. actually we have mon-fri formals n casuals on sat... but noone follows ..lol
C ya around

@AB: I was so awkward talking with da client.. but when u gotta bag some good projects, u have to brag n get it n then if u work well it is cosy ride ahead.
But if it doesn't work out well... *SHRUGS*

Anonymous said...

@Divya: yup... music of Rules is my fav. Thnx for dropping by..
I visited ur blog but it seems u have disabled ur comments. Going by my knowledge of German, i feel tht u have bid adieu to blogging.. is tht so. Anyways will wait for something more on Dhinchak Dhinchak.. nice name. :)

AnonymousBlogger said...

"but when u gotta bag some good projects, u have to brag n get it n then if u work well it is cosy ride ahead."

very true. I guess that's the way the world works, whether we like it or not.

Keshi said...

yup Music is my soul actually :)

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

@AB: yeah i also thought the same way n i have forgiven all the sins of my superiors.. :)

@Keshi: soul.. wow

@Ganga: Thnx..

Anonymous said...

Suddep,I m missing the music here:)))

Anonymous said...

@Nishant: Thts why i didnt come for the walk-in in ur company .. lol