Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Home Alone 8

The number 8 does signify something but the main point is tht m home alone again. Mom finished off with the exams of her tuition kids n she merrily boarded the flight last week to Dad’s place.

The first week is like a bird just let free out of the cage (hope my mom doesn’t reach this page), then the next week the worms available outside the nest taste the best n night-outs with other feathered frnds, later the wings get a bit tired n the bird starts ordering the worms by home delivery n staying home awake all night (whoevr said the early bird catches the worm). But, the last week is the worst with the bird trying to make the nest look neat n tidy as was earlier.
I know the analogy was bad but still… :)

Oops again the worm… anyways I hate to get up early morning. Being alone gives me the right to stay in bed as long as I wish. I still remember tht day back 2-3 yrs when I had slept till 12:30 noon, got up n did a few necessary things n slept again till evening. Heaven!!!

Now tht I m working I have to be up till 9:30 but these days I m not made to hear this

The only person to disturb my peaceful sleep is the milk delivery man. Umpteen times I have told him to drop the milk bag inside the outer gate n just leave but either he is a dumbo or he is smart to pester me (I put my money on tht) tht he continuously rings the doorbell until I get up n pick it up. Otherwise the mornings r peaceful here.

Another thing is tht I cant stay awake late when mom is around. Though I manage everyday till 1-1:30 after tht I have to coz first the voice is like
Sudeep, u haven’t slept yet? I ignore it by putting earphones but the damn left ear piece has broken so I get to hear tht too
Then it goes like STILL awake? U don’t want to go to office tomorrow? n if u think tht saying No I can get away u r either very innocent or very stupid (this time I put my money here :D)

The final call is GO TO SLEEP!!! Turn off those damn lights n there is just no reaction frm my side but a meek surrender

But now I can stay up till my eyelids get closed by gravitational force. Engineering was fun atleast in this aspect. ‘Night maarne’ was the best concept ever introduced n now even though I like to be out of the engg college I surely miss this thing. So now watching movies till late n tht too without headphones is bliss.

I watched 40 year old virgin, Bourne Identity, Basic Instinct (for the first time in one sitting only) n started with Entrapment (all DivX prints so watching it again). Btw, is Memoirs of Geisha a silent movie? I know it isn’t but then why mine doesn’t have a sound?


But then staying up late night has its disadvantages too. Earlier I could make a feeble attempt for staying home next morning (though I couldn’t do so)


Now have to work out new ideas to tell my Project Manager why I m late. He has turned smart enough to understand the real meaning of I come late to office but I make up by leaving early. The routine excuses seem to be a tad too boring. I m still alive but it is getting difficult...

The conference calls with clients n meetings with seniors r the best place where I can doze off. Thnx to my colleagues who take down the minutes of meetings I can comfortably take a quick nap.

Staying alone endows a person to be creative and put his/her (unused) skills to test. I m eating in hotels now n the first few days it satisfied my taste buds but then it seems the same everytime I eat n anything I eat. So last nite I decided to cook a meal for myself.

Armed with a few recipes frm my dear frnds living abroad (I seriously doubt whether they gave it out of love or were playing a prank), I went home. To my surprise/dismay I didn’t have the important items mentioned in the ingredients section of the recipe. Had to settle with plain dal-chawal (rice n curry) along with some fried papad. The taste was ok
Varanat panni jyast zhala hota pan chav bari hoti. Purna sampvava laglach karan swataha banavla hota na... he he. Muddam marathit lihila aahe... kuni translate karu naka... dhanyawaad :D

I m missing aam-ras *sobs*. Anyone willing to supply?

It’s just one week she has left but the house is in total mess. Clothes n pprs lying around, towel thrown on the chair in hurry while leaving for office.. phew!! My study area (where I never studied) is always like tht n I luv it tht way. I find it easier to find things lying in mess rather than neatly stacked. So the cleaning process will begin a few days b4 mom will be arriving. Have already put a reminder for tht in my cell.
Lekin tab tak ghar ka saara kaam mujhe hi karni padta hain... safai bhi... shopping bhi

The real test is when mom arrives n I have to switch back to the normal mode.

n not only the cleanliness part but each n every thing...

Till mom is away all neighbours r very very friendly. No one complains anything if I play loud music thro’ the nite or call frnds over n cheer the teams (did tht during World Cup), But, as soon as mom is home these sweet neighbours turn into bitter enemies of mine. Calls start pouring in...

Note: I m innocent :D

But then if mom is angry I have to see if I can get away by pleasing dad atleast. It is hard to convince him but when my ‘would-be-lawyer’ frnds ditch me, I have to seek his help.

Inspite of these few uphill tasks, I luv the weeks of freedom. I have all the freedom I want yet this freedom gives a new high (old is not dope). So m enjoying these few weeks till I return back to my ‘normal-sweet-human-being mode’. Till then everyday is Saturday :))

I always wonder why my home is never attacked when I m Home Alone. Damn, there is no adventure in my life. If any thief is reading this pls consider urself invited. I bought a big bottle of Pepsi last nite ... khub jamega rang jab mil baithenge 3 yaar :)

45 comments:

Sudeep said...

Blogspot sucks... first of all I can upload only 5 images at a time.. then these big images eat up my sidebar

Does anyone frm blogspot reads blogs??
I LOVE Blogspot... pls dont delete my blog

harsh said...

phew!! a lonng post!

I too used to love the freedom(infact still love it! hope my wife's not reading this ;) )

Yeah I agree about the food. In the beginning its all fun. But then when the pockets start to drain and the stomachs start to pain, have to try out my own thing in the kitchen which always leaves a trace with black utensils for tha bai :)


the cartoons are real cool.

do remember to charge the mobile so that it remembers to buzz u the reminder on time ;)


harshal.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Here's an idea Sudeep. How about you get those neighbours to make you dinner? That way, you don't have to try cooking for yourself, but you also get a homemade meal...

The inital thought when we get the house to ourselves is "oh yes, this will be great", but then we have to start cooking and cleaning for ourselves, and of course the big cleanup before they come home is always a big deal, I can't help but wonder if it's worth all the trouble...

Actually, yeah, I think it is.

Kathy said...

...hey wait, i'll take my flight right away for Pune ^_^ hehe..so we can party till morning. *wink*
...basic instinct??pheww!so u enjoyed Sharon Stone's when she was interviewed by Michael Douglas at the police station hehe^_~ ..that crossed-leg...??(sudeeep rolls his eyes now)haha..blushing right?..:P
...ur inviting thief for a bottle of pepsi?hehe,crazy you ^_^ u should invite him too to watch basic instinct instead ^_^ so at least he can enjoy the stay and offer him too some potato chips ^_^
...im planning to replace the milk delivery man hehe...to bring you milk in the morning..shouting at the gate..."sudeepuu good morning ,wake up it's late!!
...rushing at ur room and see u in ur most sleepy face..pull you from bed and push u in bathroom haha...
..im sounding now what im doing to rina every morning..she hates me coz i talk loud and angry to her everytime.
...but sometimes i enjoyed too when she says.."mama can u give me 5 minutes more to sleep? in her most sleepy face and telling me ..Mom iloveyou naa plss!! hehe...she loves me bcoz of that^_^

...well,enjoy few more days of being alone ^_^
..and sad to say no one from blogspot hears u hehe..send email instead :D
..have a great week ahead yaar!

cheers,
-kathy-

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Tu inne lambe lambe aur graphice se bhare huen posts kyon likhta hai, paaji....mujhe lambe posts dekh ke thanda thanda paseena aa jaata hai :O

Mayur Thakare said...

Nice post calvin... err sudeep. Enjoy ur freedom. I am enjoying it from last 6 years. Actually I am so much into it that i worry about future... how am i goin to lead normal family life!!

Have a great Saturdays :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hi ji ....

Keshi said...

lol Sudeep mum must be so happy hahahaha...just kidding!

**The only person to disturb my peaceful sleep is the milk delivery man.

hahaha so all u wanna do is sleep now? goshhh ur snoring so loud Sudzz!


U cooked? MG u cooked? OMG OMG! Did u have the fire brigade on standby outside ur house?


Im thinking of breaking in to ur house? lol wud u be scared?

Keshi.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

heeee heeee heee ... i rem how glad i was when my parents said they had to go out for 5 days ... first day , i was happy ...

then started hearing noises on my terrace .. and wanted some1 in my house ... then my neighbor dies .. and i was like " SHIT !!!!! "

i cooked rice , dal and potatoes for myself everyday ,.. till potatoes became my best friends ....

now too , it is fine ...
and i can understand ur sentiments

tahnx for the calvin strips

u r v creative ... u know !

ur mom is a teacher ?

Sudeep said...

@All: Sorry for the late replies on the last post... was busy with project work :)

Sudeep said...

@Harsh: Yeah a long one... n had an awful time posting it
still love it? ha ha... i think i shld also marry then.. lol
the problem here is tht the timings of the maid servant n mine dont match so m not trying to burn the utensils :)
thnx for the 2nd reminder .. ha ha


@Sean: the idea seems gud, but they will have to wait till midnite to feed me when i get home.. he he
it is worth... :)

Sudeep said...

@Kathy: ha ha.. sure... everyone is invited
have watched all the 'important' scenes frm the movie n number of times n the movie in bits n parts.. so watched it for the 1st time in one go
Shouting 'wake up its late' will not be allowed :)


@Zoonie: Garmi mein thanda thanda pasina achha hota hain isliye :)


@Mayur: 6 yrs... hmmm... well this 1 mth freedom has more value yaar.. so enjoying it.. he he
haha... dont worry all pieces will fall in the right place.. just watch out for a gud place

Dalicia said...

ah-huh sudeep, kathy is volunteering her service to you! lucky you..haha..

personally, i like to cook when i'm alone. you're so messy...times like this i spend a lot of time cleaning because i want to do it my way. also, i like to invite my friends over.

no one tells me when i need to sleep..you guys have strange parents.

Sudeep said...

@Deepa: hello ji..
i think i came to ur blog tht time.. some thief had come at ur place... hmmm
neighbour died? did u feed him the earlier day? :D
till potatoes became my best friends
lollzz..
she was teaching in a school earlier, but now for many yrs she gives tuitions at home .. yeah thts teaching too


@Keshi: yeah she is.. but for meeting dad :) n not for leaving me Keshi... grrrr!!!
snoring? u could hear tht all the way in Australia? lol
no i didnt cook at home.. but in the fire brigade station itself :D
u breaking in? the doors r open why to break in?.. he he

Sudeep said...

@Elaine: I would also luv to cook if i could do it well... no m not messy just a few things lying here n there.. he he
yeah i do have my frnds over... to help me clean... lol
strange parents.. lol.. nah!

Love you longtime! said...

Arre yaar... my mom has also gone to her native place along with dad. so me staing alone (with my bro). But he's not much of a 'talker' so yeah... alone is fun... but hate that "doping your won thing"....too lazy for that!

Love you longtime! said...

Love aam-ras.... had 4 aam ras for 4 days in one week... last week! :)

Love you longtime! said...

One more thing Uncle,

Your cartoons are too small... can barely read... thoda bada cartoons post kar!

ishipishi said...

lolz..."normal sweet human being mode"!!! abnormal bhi sweet hi ho!

...pity m gettin to miss bein wid u in ur m free to chat all nite mode!:(

i haven't been thru the cartoon strips yet...ab mere yaha shuru ho gaya na...mom's like...oh u got d pc on already?? we just got here!...phew...

keep smiling:)...i'll be backkk!

Mayur Thakare said...

what does 8 signify???

Sudeep said...

@Vaibhav: But he's not much of a 'talker'
he is like tht or is it tht when u open ur mouth u dont let him speak?
thnx for making me jealous 'bout the aam-ras :x
can barely read... thoda bada cartoons post kar
u came 1 hr late here... made it small to accomodate the sidebar.. 1st comment dekh

@Ishita: abnormal bhi sweet hi ho
thnx for the support :)
oh u got d pc on already
ROFL..

@Mayur: hmmm... waise toh it is just a small number in the big numerical world

Shriedhar said...

LOL :D

aur haaa
//(this time I put my money here :D
it seems u hv lots of money not knowing how to loose it :))

Neha said...

wow.. long post!
increase the size of those pics! i hv to strain my eyes to read them.. still cudnt manage some of them!

home alone! dont get into trouble like the kid in those movies ok? ;)

so u already noe ur would be lawyer friends are going to ditch u!! hmmmmmmmmm itna bharosa :P

house in a mess.. i feel sorry for ur mom.. wat a nightmare it wud b for her to come back to a home like this! my mom would go ballistic..lol..

Keshi said...

**no i didnt cook at home.. but in the fire brigade station itself

LMAO hahahahahaha! Ur so funny Sudeep!

no I wanna break in...so close the doors..lol..I want to play cops n robbers..

Keshi.

ishipishi said...

hmmm!!!:)...aisa toh nahi that u're gonna offer pepsi...and other grub to prospective thieves...and bribe them into "cleaning up" (pun totalllyyy intended) ur house before mom gets backkk!! ;-)

ithhe toh mez goin nuts...first my parents got here...now my chachu and his daughter...no time to write...rush rush rushhhingggg thru blogss...:-(

ishipishi said...

ya ya blame me for gmail not workin!...bas...yehi baaki bachaa tha!...*sulkksss* :(

koi kaaam vaam nahi hain na aajkal...wait till mom gets back!!!

Kathy said...

...yo michael :), just wanna say hi...gmail not working eh? k...
...not feeling well too ;(
..catch ya *sad kathy leaving your page now* hmm..

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

:D

which subject ?

nopes .. i am not so hospitable as to feed the ppl around me ;)))

Love you longtime! said...

Damn... today I forgot to keep the milk in the fridge, while leaving in the morning!

Staying alone is tough... very!

Anonymous said...

All these dayz I tot it was McDowell's Mera No., 1.... lol
Great big long huge post... ;)

Sudeep said...

@Shreidhar: in the last tag i beacme a multi-millionaire so no probs ;)

@Neha: if i increase the pics size it throws away my sidebar down... but will try to make those strips readable
itna bharosa
bas yehi sunana baaki tha ab toh
everytime i do clean up whtevr mess i make... so no probs for her :)

@Keshi: I want to play cops n robbers
lol... who will share which role?

Sudeep said...

@Ishita: Why did u spill the beans here.. now m hoping the thieves read only the post n not any of the comments..
he he he... enjoy.. btw u didnt give ur cousin sis my chat id? atleast tumhara net to sahi sahi utilize karti woh :D
kaam toh bahut hain... office n home dono jagah par

@Kathy: yeah... :(
not able to know who is leaving which comments here...
u tk care...

@Deepa: sci, maths n english..
am not so hospitable as to feed the ppl around me
gud tht i didnt ask u can i come over for lunch/dinner

Sudeep said...

@Vaibhav: *gives a hi-five*
same here on the first day... now m a pro
not at spoiling milk but keeping it in fridge
bhai ko kaam ki list banake de na.. simple.

@Virus: well to be precise it is Bagpiper Club Soda..
but being non-alcoholic have to use tht pesticide as of now :)

The Girl Who Sold The World said...

HAHAHAHA! I looooooved the comic strips, atleast the ones which I could read. :P And home alone, eh? How LUCKY! I've never been home alone for more than 7-8 hours... :( HMPH!

I bought a big bottle of Pepsi last nite
Ahan? You don't read the newspaper these days, do you? :P

Diana Sahu said...

a ver long post ...phew.... ur inviting trouble by calling that theif to join u for cola...

Vipul said...

lol@pepsi NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Condom syndrome murdabad!

damn why do u write such long posts

Keshi said...

Im a robber, ur a cop...lol!

Keshi.

Ijji said...

hi dear... visited yr blog for the first time .. found the posts interesting..
have had similar experiences too .. once was alone at home and tried making french fries..kept the oil for heating and forgot bout it..it caught fire but fortunately no more damage occured..

Sudeep said...

Oops.. forgot tht i got comments here

@Navdeep: ha ha.. yeah some came out very small
kids cannot be left alone for long time :P
well pesticides r gud to wash off the food i have when m alone :)

@Diana: yeah.. longgg
really? okie.. will have to think over again then

@Wanderer: condom syndrome? sorry didnt get tht :(
i dont write long .. only this came out long

Sudeep said...

@Keshi: lol... okie done
i hope there are no rules in the game :D

@Ananya: hey :)
gosh! tk care next time
thnx for dropping by.. c ya around

Keshi said...

there r plenty of rules man lol! Since Im the robber, u have to first allow me to come in...lollz thats the first rule :)

Keshi.

Sudeep said...

@Keshi: lol.. allow?? i thought thieves broke in.. he he
n wht is this pretty thief gonna steal? we have nothing here :D

Sudeep said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»