Friday, January 26, 2007

Celebrating days.. celebrating lives!


I am pleased to tell all of you that 21st January marked 2 years of existence of It’s MY Space and I take more pride and satisfaction to thank each one of you who have been here to be a part of my blog and my life in some way or the other. It struck me that it is January end (thanks to the company Annual Day invitation) and then I remembered that I had written something on the 1st year completion. I went back in the archives and I swear I was lmao reading that. The program schedule for the fictitious event holds true for some (or all?) of the ‘performers’ till date. Go and check out the post here and you might even agree with me. These days the blog has turned dormant and I have been posting not too often and rarely reading other blogs.. okk fine not reading at all.. now don’t give me that look! Whatever I have been posting is nothing but a silly update of the week, some weekend outing or a story related to work and company.. but hey that’s what this space is meant for. You never came here looking for posts on sleazy one night stands, political views or philosophical stuff which will do some hridayparivartan.. but don’t be surprised if you find them henceforth.. not the one night stands I mean. But seriously I miss the Bollywood movies bashing posts, I miss my forgettable views on sports.. I am missing me being me on the blog. I don’t know Aditi if this is what is ‘Fate takes you its way’ or I am fighting fate to take my own other way. What I know is that I have to reorganize my life so that I can devote time to things I like even if they have no short-term or long-term benefit.
Today is 26th January and people across the nation are celebrating (??!!) ‘Republic Day’, the day when the Constitution of India was adopted by the nation. As Piyush Roy writes in his column “It’s the time of the year when patriotic film songs blaring from the neighbourhood club or school could be your wake-up call, whether or not you gather for that ritual unfurling of the national flag on the Republic Day morning”. Surely the Constitution doesn’t tell us to wake up early for the flag-hoisting and by no means if someone doesn’t attend it he/she can be labeled unpatriotic but do we really think about the country except on days like these? I woke up today late-afternoon and that too because some asshole who is running for the civic elections came begging for votes at the doorstep. I don’t remember his name and neither his political party but he said ‘Vote for me’; I said ‘Ok’ and shut the door and slept again. But the blaring loudspeakers these candidates are using for canvassing compelled me to wake up. These people are not creative either.. we all have been listening to 'Tai, mai, akka, vichar kara pukka aani maara haatavar/kamllavar/ghadyallavar shikka' since ages. Use something else now.. the broken promises, the canvassing slogans, the speeches all remain same.. only faces change. Okk let’s be optimistic.. the songs which you will hear the whole day have changed. From 'Dedi humein azadi bina khadak bina dhal' Gandhiji has been transformed into 'Bande mein tha dum'. The famous 'Mere desh ki dharti' has been replaced by the foot tapping 'Mohe mohe tu rang de basanti'. So if songs can catch up with the generations surely people running for elections will too and we can expect some better candidates and a better future for the city and then the country as a whole.

Let us try to forget that someone is using Gandhigiri for absolving himself from an arms and ammunition case, let us try to wipe out the memories of the defacing of the statue of the man (why do we need statues??) who was mainly involved in writing the Constitution, which we are celebrating today. Let us try to pretend we are unaware that a film made by an Indian on an Indian subject having Indian actors had to be shot in another country and got nominated for Oscars from Canada just because one segment of the society here felt it was anti-Hindu. Let me try to find ways to make time for activities I like and I need and not work half of the day without anyone appreciating it. So cheers for a revamped** life beginning this moment :)


** I need hot vamps for this, so the interviews begin from Saturday :D For this I have an elite interview panel consisting of myself and blogger Vaibhav who is coming down to Pune. Will keep Sean and Deepa updated on this.. the meet I mean and not the interviews and selection process :P

7 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

Two years Sudeep? That is quite an accomplishment.

If anything, I think there should be MORE posts centred around sleezy one-night stands.

You should give your readers what they crave ;)

Princess said...

REPUBLIC DAY WISHES.
-Belated though..

All the best for you to keep blogging.


-Aiz.

Tarun said...

@ years ...

Whack Whack ... something like birthday bumps ...


A blogger is really busy when he is not answering comments ...

Hridayparivatan .... rolls of laughing ...

it wasn't just one man who wrote the constituion.

I suggest u reading"Worshipping False Gods" by Arun Shourie

Aditi said...

congratulations on the two years.. its been a funny post.. but then u're usually good at this humor stuff. ...

Love you longtime! said...

congrats on your 2nd blog anniversary.. and it was a pleasure meeting u!

Keshi said...

I agree with AB lol!

Keshi.

Kathy said...

Happy 2nd year blog anniv.!! ^_^

its been a while here... hows u sudeepu? m in silent-mode... hehe just like that ;)

... i agree w/ AB and Kesh! lol! :)

miss ya! :( tc...