Friday, January 13, 2006

Special (p)review


I really m a …. ok I will not use swear words for myself on my blog itself… n tht does not mean I will allow anyone else to do tht job for me either. But, I published the earlier post, went home n Yogi called me up saying tht he could manage to get Family’s special preview show tickets for tht nite. Even after throwing a lot of excuses he dragged me to the theatre. Now, City Pride, Kothrud sucks!! I mean the person who books tickets in advance gets the worst seat (front rows) n those who buy it at last moment get the most fab row to watch. Luckily this time we were in the latter grp. So got seated in one of the best row n alongside me were … leave it!!

The movie was FAMILY… Ties of Blood!! It seemed all within the family n I was wondering at the start why I m not here with my family to watch this family. So there are 2 main families in the movie. One family is gud while the other family is bad (only one guy is bad but since he calls it MY FAMILY every now n then). Bad family kills one guy frm the gud family -accidentally-. But, the other guy frm the gud family even after understanding the bad family’s innocent intentions vows to take revenge against the bad family… coz the family entertainment show must go on. But since this other gud guy .. I mean the other guy frm the gud family does not have support frm his family so he takes help frm his frnds who also belong to some gud families. Now the gud guys who have now formed a ‘revenge taking family’ within themselves kidnap the gud ppl from the bad family, so tht the bad guy frm the bad family will surrender. Just try to figur out why the bad guy, who is so –POWERFUL- tht even the international police cannot find him, comes out in the open. Simple.. coz he luvs his family. Some crappy action scenes later the bad family is losing their numbers. The reason being they start fighting within themselves… OMG!!! Ltrz the bad guy frm the bad family itself (coz now the guy frm the gud family has also turned bad) … leave this too!!

In the end I was wondering why did I come here instead of spending some quality time with my family. Also now I think there is some bollywood family conspiring against me after reading the harsh posts… otherwise how we could so easily get the special preview tickets. I m beginning to suspect tht Yogi bear is also involved in this plan. The movie has some reputed actors who r grossly underpaid. Thts the only logic I can see coz they appear only in the first half. Pls let me know the name of the guy who actually is the so-called star of the movie. I will start writing an obituary for him coz I don’t think he will survive after the premiere today. Songs r a bit foot tapping … but better for guys to watch them rather than listen.

Please go n watch this movie coz I don’t want to be the only one who underwent this torture. If u luv me I know u will do this favour for me… after all we r from the blogging family :-)

EDIT: Meanwhile

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe
akhir aa gaya review......
will read it later

Anonymous said...

lol! thnx for such a nice review ;)

sounds like a remake with some modifications of an old engligh movie.
dont remember the name!

-archie

Ujwal said...

yeah it seems like a bhel mixture of sarkar, vidhata, ek rishta (remember the movie with Akshay, Amitabh, Karishma)! But from the review I can see that this Bhel is a mind and stomach upsetting preparation. I wud stay away. Sorry my friend!

Rays Of Sun said...

Hehehehe..I dint even hear the name of movie before:)))

Sudya, I can understand its your frustration doing the talking here:D

Man! what is AB doing in a movie such as this??

Yeh hai "Family chakkar":D

Bichara:p
P.S:- Is your friend still alive after all this wrath of yours:))

Tarun said...

Nice review man.....so now instead of spending 3 hours with that family I will spend those hours with my family. And all thanks to u.

AnonymousBlogger said...

See, if you or I were in that movie, it would have been great. The market is perfect for our entry. I just need to get a flight down there.

Sunila JK said...

HAppy New Year

Anonymous said...

@Raj: No probs... come whnevr u have time

@Archie: Remake of an English movie? Time i started watching some English movies too.. :p

Anonymous said...

@Ujwal: Sorry mhanun chalnar nahi... will organise a special show for u in the US.. just wait :p

@ROS: Frustration kasla?? AB has a rocking role in 1st half n then he is given the worst role.. :(

n he got sued to for the smoking cigar hoarding they put up in Goa

my frnd is still alive n saying we ought to go to another movie to forget this torture.. another conspiracy brewing

Anonymous said...

@Tarun: U really shld.. :)

@AB: Damn.. we missed another chance

Anonymous said...

@Enigma: Same to u .. so u found time atlast for coming online :)

teacup said...

hey this movie sounds really bad, my mom is for some weird reason insisting on watching this movie wid d whole family!! thanks for review...dont think I will be able to bear that torture!!

Anonymous said...

@Yashita: Best of luck then!! :p

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

i was here last night at 1:30 am ... read the post , but was too tired to reply ...

neway , got the link ... thaaankkkkzzzzz ... my comment is directly after urs :)

and abt FAmily : Well , i havent watched nething after Salaam Namaste .... :(((

Anonymous said...

@Deepa: ha ha.. 1:30 at nite for RB's blog link... badhiya hai :)

U r welcome :)))

haven't watched nething
i envy u

Keshi said...

**Please go n watch this movie coz I don’t want to be the only one who underwent this torture. I

LOL hahaha great review Sudeep! Tell me one thing..why d u watch Bollywood movies at all? lol cos I stopped now...all sugary stuff and no substance...except very few good ones like...like...like...gosh I cant think now..lol..I'll come back on this :)


na I wont watch this, thanks for the tip lol!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

@Divya: faints*
Mission Successful :p

Happy Sankrant to u too..
Tilgul ghya god bola :))

Raj: ha ha.. gud :)

Anonymous said...

@Keshi: I watch so i can write such torturous posts for u all .. lol

na I wont watch this
No one luvs me :((

harsh said...

happy makar sankranti.. to u too ..
thanks for alerting about the movie.. my head is already spinning ;)

Dalicia said...

watching this is torture? i have actually walked out of the movies a few times or slept in the theatres. if you didn't do that...then it's not as bad as you would think.

however, i would love to see how you fare in cult movies :) not many ppl. can appreciate those...

happy late sankrati wishes to you!

Keshi said...

**I watch so i can write such torturous posts for u all

plz dun torture me no more..lol!


**No one luvs me :((

u gotta luv others to be loved..lol so dun torture us if u love us...:)


Keshi.

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Please go n watch this movie....
Dude...no more Hindi movies please...

Ive given up long time back...

No "Family" "Vamily"

Ajay said...

ab aisa lag raha hai ki muze hi koi achhi film banani chahiye ;)

Rays Of Sun said...

new post taak chal...

PuNeEt said...

lolzzzz
Nice post buddy...

even I've heard that movie is nt that good...

Lemme see if I can go thru the torture...

I've seen a lot of movies sitting in first row :-))

Thanks for dropping by my Blog
Cheers

Sudeep said...

@Ganga: Gud for u :)

@Harsh: Tilgul ghya god bola..

thanks for alerting about the movie
Always there .. lol

@Elaine: I can never imagine sleeping in theatre.. walking out is a better option except if u dont have air conditioning at ur place..lol

cult movies?? whts tht

Sudeep said...

@Keshi: lol

actually i luv u all so alerted not to watch this one...

@Zoonie: he he..

@Ajay: ha ha.. gud one
u shld give a try... if u r not successful visit here for the review ..lol

Sudeep said...

@ROS: Done :)

@Puneet: I've seen a lot of movies sitting in first row
gr8... so u can bear this.. he he he

thnx for coming by.. c ya around

Keshi said...

**actually i luv u all so alerted not to watch this one...


lol yes yes thank u!

Keshi.

Dalicia said...

an example would be pulp fiction...and the one that i post, it was okay. i just miss japan a lot...that's why i watched it. cult movies, are very bloody, mysterious...and it takes some time to understand the concept of the movie.

Anonymous said...

@Keshi: :)

@Elaine: Okie.. will try to catch one

ishipishi said...

i got lost in maze of gud...bad...gud...bad!!! but m glad i read this...not that i planned to c the movie..but i can warn others not to !! ...

Sudeep said...

@Ishita: ha ha.. u shld warn others n avoid this flick urself for gud :)