Monday, December 26, 2005

Letter to Dad!!!


It is my Dad’s b’day today. Wished him in the morning over phone coz he is in Himachal Pradesh right now. He doesn’t know I have a blog but wanted to write for him..

Dear Papa,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope u are in best of ur health n gud spirits inspite of the cold conditions at ur place. Mummy n I miss u a lot even though we talk to u everyday. I feel like running away frm here n come to Shimla just to give u a hug n wish u.. but just sending a greeting for the same. Hope it conveys my feelings to u n the luv n affection give u enuf strength n warmth to drag urself for one more year b4 u r transferred back here. Actually the strength is required by myself n mummy here coz we r the ones who need it to survive one whole year without u. But don’t u worry I m becoming strong enuf to make ur absence not felt to mummy n myself too. Yet I miss coming home n finding u sitting in the living room cracking up jokes or watching TV or for tht matter all things u do.

I can still remember tht after graduating I had told u tht I wont be doing anything for a year as I was very bored after studying for 4 yrs in engineering. U were so tensed tht u used to call up everyday n ask me wht my career plans were. Sorry to put u in tht situation.. but it was a time I desperately wanted a break. Now, it seems I m settling down, but yet I feel something is bubbling somewhere back in my mind to quit this job n do something else.. something different.. don’t know wht or don’t know where… when I figure it out will let u know. But, I could feel the excitement n satisfaction when I broke the news of my increment. One thing I want u to know is tht I m working in a software company. So next time we talk don’t ask me whether I know how to use Microsoft Word or Excel.. lollz.

Wish u a fantastic year ahead n make sure u avail a lot of holidays to visit home.

With lotz of luv
Sudeep

P.S.: Got some of ur Ladakh tour pics scanned

27 comments:

Dalicia said...

wow..sudeep what a lovely letter to your dad. i never wrote my dad a letter...ever!

btw, in orkut i'm polystar :) yes, i do love learning languages. well, portuguese is useful when i visit brazil to impress cute latino guys..*LOL* i'll try to look for you in orkut. there are a lot of indians there too! see ya...:)

happy birthday to your dad!

shyloh's poetry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
shyloh's poetry said...

Oh this made me want to cry. Such a lovely letter and you
sharing it. Life seems so difficult at times. But we all do
the best we can. You will find your way dear. It matters not
what you do, it is just the way it is. You are fine.

Best wishes to you and yours.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

AnonymousBlogger said...

Great letter. Hope your dad has an awesome birthday.

Anonymous said...

@Elaine: Thnx :)
So u found me out on orkut..lol

@Shyloh: Thnx to u too :)

Anonymous said...

@AB: Thnx :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey ....

awfully sweet letter ....

btw ., u llok exactly like ur dad - the same features ...

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hope ur dad had a great bday .. hez a sagi , na ?

Sudeep said...

@Deepa: thnx.. yup many ppl say tht... not a sagi.. the next to sagi.. wht is it? probably capricorn...

Sudeep said...

@Ganga: thnx :)

Sudeep said...

@AB: Forgot to tell tht the pics link is wht i had promised long back

Sudeep said...

@Ganga: why sorry yaar? U r welcome .. :)

yup.. i am very emotionally strong.. yet while writing this i could feel a lump in my throat..

@MS Office.. dad didnt used comp earlier.. now tht he has started using it he always tells me to learn it.. he he.. n he still thinks i can only check mails on net.. lol

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Belated b'day wishes to Sudeep's dad!!
That was one touching letter Sudeep.

U were so tensed tht u used to call up everyday n ask me wht my career plans were.
Reminded me how ma mom used to cry when I was hunting for job for like 3 months afta finishing my graduation. Parents freak out on small small things...

Happy holidays Sudeep!!
Greetz

Sudeep said...

@Zoonie: thnx man.. yeah parents do freak out on small things.. maybe when we r in their shoes some yrs down we will be the same

Happy holidays to u too :)

Ujwal said...

thats a touching letter....feels like i cud right a similar one for my parents who r miles away in india...
here's wishing ur dad a gr8 day!

exasparater said...

wow!!! a letter to read...

Anonymous said...

@VB: :)

@Ujwal: u must be writing mails or chatting with them but when u write a handwritten letter.. it speaks a lot n u can go thro it as many times as u want.. i have experienced it. Thnx for the wishes

Anonymous said...

@Elisa: Thnx .. well i havent seen many children who r rude or who do not care fro their parents... hope if there are such their count is very less..

Welcome here.. c ya around :)

@Exasparater: Thnx :)
U too r welcome.. hope to c u also again

Anonymous said...

@Divya: Thnx :)

Shantanu said...

Thats cute!!!

Anonymous said...

@Shantanu: Thnx :)

Keshi said...

such a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet letter!

Beautiful pic! Reminds me of my dad...I have a similar pic with him when I was abt 5...

Keshi.

Sudeep said...

@Keshi: thnx .. after a gud long vacn huh? I m pleased tht it reminded u about ur dad coz i remember reading on ur blog tht u luved him very very much.. catch u on ur blog soon :)

Keshi said...

Thanks for the WC Sudeep :)

Yep I love my dad very much...he is the best guy I ever known...

Keshi.

Sudeep said...

@Keshi: :))

Ajay said...

hey,
u look exactly like ur dad, its natural but its very rare..

Happy B'Day to ur dad !!

Sudeep said...

@Ajay: hmmm.. thts true
thnx :)