Monday, December 19, 2005

Where there is a will .. there r 1000 relatives

With so many ppl thronging our place right now I couldn’t think of another title for this post. It is not just the caption of my blog but I cherish my individual space. I m neither an introvert nor like to stay aloof. But, I don’t know why I just don’t seem to adjust along with many ppl living in my house if they are related to me. Whenevr my mom is off for 3-4 mths to Shimla, where my dad has been transferred, our place is full of my frnds n I luv if many of them stay with me too over a period of time. But, this is not the same with relatives. I mean cousins r gud to stay for 3-4 days n talk over the phone. With frnds I can talk for hours even on any irrelevant topic, but with all cousins I tend to get cautious while speaking anything. Don’t know if someone might get hurt or feel sad .. might be this is coz we meet after many months or even years in some case. I know, time to get some things right…


Anyways, had a gud time with the same relatives mentioned above on my b’day :) Did the usual stuff like partying out except this year frnds were replaced by cousins. I am a late riser n even keep my cell to a profile which wont bother me to pick it up till 10. The only day I don’t mind picking up the phone in the morning is 16th Dec. So, thnx to all of u out there who called me (I know they don’t read blog.. still), who wished me in the comments section n to others who mailed/scrapped on orkut. Hope such happy moments keep on coming n I get to share with all of u.

15 comments:

shyloh's poetry said...

For me friends and family are always welcome but for a short
period of time ha. I love my alone time.


What a sweet article.

Keshi said...

I u'stand what u mean Suddz....relatives r a pain and u have to be cautious with em :) unlike with friends...

Great to here u had a fun bday..

I hear that Shimla is a beauuutiful place...wanna see it some day :)

Keshi.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Hang in there. They'll be gone soon(right?). Maybe you can get them to cook your food and clean the house while they're there. It's the least they can do.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

When i was a kid , I used to go the extra mile to be nice to my cousins ... but the strain was always there ...

now that i have stopped taking extra effort , the relationships are better ...

am getting very close to my grandma these days :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

glad that u had a great day ...

Enjoy !!!!

Anonymous said...

@Shyloh: Thnx :)

i hope u r not suggesting tht we all r welcome only for a short time at ur place.. lol

@Keshi: not exactly pain.. but yeah sort of like tht only

Shimla is awesome.. u r most welcome :)

Anonymous said...

@AB: yup.. infact rushing from here to the railway stn for sending off 1st batch.. he he he

and clean the house while they're there .. thts wht is the problem. They all keep cleaning wht seems to them is unclean n i fail to find things even in my shelf.

@Deepa: Grndparents r gr8.. infact due to the job now i find almost no time to spend with my mom's parents in Ahmednagar n i feel really guilty for tht. Mine realtionships with cousins r gud except tht silly doubt lurking in my mind.. ha ha

Thnx.. n hope now u r also back in ur gud mood :)

shyloh's poetry said...

NOOOOOOOOOO, come often and stay longer ha.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

w.r.t my post :

I meant to say :
" Tum naachthe ho kya ? "
but , it came out as
" Tum naachthr ho kya ? "

Anonymous said...

@Ganga: lolllzz

@Shyloh: thnx ;)

@Deepa: okie... i thought it was some bambaiya lingo :p
nachta hoon par hasi aaye aisa bhi nahin.. lol

Dalicia said...

what a birthday! 23...i love that 23 age....happy belated birthday..

Anonymous said...

@Elaine: Thnx a lot :)

Neha said...

a very belated happy b'day to u!
friends and relatives..hmm there are very few relatives of mine whom i can really get along with! well, we can't choose our relatives, so we got to be with them even if don't want to ;)some of my cousins r real fun.. n i wud love to go out with them..but then...just 'some' of them :)

Ujwal said...

what if ur cousins are secret readers of ur blog.....:)

Anonymous said...

@Neha: Thnx a lot :) .. i get along well with all my cousins except tht it is not the same bond like shared with the regular frnds

@Ujwal: U scare me dude 8|

he he he.. i know they dont know i blog... if they had read this i wouldnt be replying to ur comment now.. lol