Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Xmas!


Merry Christmas to all of you! May the love and peace of this festival be with you all always. I have a few Christian friends but never had a first-hand experience of the festival in terms of the festivities and decorating the Christmas tree. It has always meant holiday season for us coz my family and a family of a close friend of dad have always taken trips at this time of the year. If any outing is not planned then roaming around the streets of the Camp area with friends and then settling down in some place and chatting away for hours. From last two years one of my friend’s desire to gobble a turkey takes us to Polka Dots where I dig in the scarce veggie food but the main attraction for me there is their Death by Chocolate.. aahhh! This year I neither went to any part of the country nor roamed on the streets troubling the fake Santa Claus and also didn’t have my share of the chocolate dessert. This whole week went in attending innumerable dinner parties.. some or the other reason but I was almost eating out of home. So loads of pics to be uploaded on the pics blog. Yet to upload the b’day celebration pics too but now I think I will be uploading them in the new year itself coz finally Goa booking has been done and I will be leaving on 28th midnight to return on the 1st Jan night.

How many believe in Santa Claus? I remember watching Joey’s nephew Michael saying “It is just basic math. It would be impossible for Santa to visit all the children in the world in one night...”. I was not that bright child to figure it out coz I used to keep socks under the pillow.. yeah we don’t have stockings here.. and it would be filled with something the next morning. Once there was a small jeep and then one time a chocolate bar. But when I started keeping it every night my parents made me sit down and explained that they were doing the whole stuff. I don’t remember what my reaction to that was but now I hope I didn’t think that my dad was Santa Claus and our family was into wrapping gifts and delivering it :D. Kidding.. I sure wasn’t dumb :P. If you still haven’t seen the movie Polar Express then do watch it. I would like to believe that there is a real Santa.. now if people can believe in ghosts then why not Santa.. with a sledge pulled by reindeers galloping down the snow-clad roads and distributing gifts to children who behaved nice the whole year. Now behaving nice the whole year clause would automatically strike me off the list and if you are thinking Santa is only for children I would say come on 24 is young.. very young. Also there is a child in every person.. so wake up that child within you and join me to say Merry Christmas. I am not greeting for the new year now coz I am hoping to squeeze some time for one more post before I leave for Goa.

Before I forget, here is a link forwarded by Suraj related to a post below here. Liz surely needs to mend her ways before she invites me to her wedding. We will wait for her wedding bells.. for the time being Jingle bells jingle bells.. Jingle all the way. Do share pics if you celebrate Christmas. God bless all!

3 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

But could Santa travel to India? There is no snow there, so what would the sleigh travel on? That is a sticking point.

Thankfully there is plenty of snow here :P

Enjoy your trip to Goa!

Dalicia said...

u r going to goa? r u going to meet your special someone? i would really want to see santa claus :D

not bad idea to live in the north pole.

Sudeep said...

@A/B: lol.. u wont believe tht i actually wrote a line tht Santa wont be coming to India but then later edited it :D
lots of snow.. hmmm.. lucky you

@Elaine: spl someone.. well for tht i need to find spl someone first and then plan for goa again.. for the time being it is just goa for me :)
do send santa's snap frm the north pole :D