Thursday, December 14, 2006

Will the age in profile get updated automatically?


Dear Sudeep,

First of all Happy Birthday :)) (yep 2 days in advance). I bet that a letter on birthday would have reminded you of the teacher in that social-activity school (I even bet you can’t remember his name coz you are bad at it.. he he) who wrote hand-written letters to all children on their b’days. His letters were so awesome not only for the reason that his hand-writing was good but he used to convey his messages so well and every child wanted to do something for the country after reading those letters. They definitely were sermons and today this letter for you is aimed to be on similar lines. Don’t flinch coz you need one now and you know it but I know that you will still deny it.

You yourself know that everyone matures (as Prachi said a better word than saying getting old) and learns as each and every moment progresses and I know you have done too. How you laugh at some of the silly things you did sometime back and at same time look proudly at some of the things achieved over this year. It is good to ponder a bit over the past but what I would suggest is take a look what the future holds for you. Remember the saying from the book Who Moved My Cheese?:
Movement in a new direction helps you find your possibilities
I am not hinting at changing your job but certainly you know what I am talking about and the thoughts which are always at the back of your mind should come out in form of some concrete action. Remember what R was saying to everybody working in the IT industry when you had just joined this company and you overlooked her statement thinking it would apply for you. Now that you find yourself in that position today I know her words are ringing loudly in your ears. What have you decided on it? I don’t want to know what have you decided on it but I want to see some action on that front. So get your lazy ass off that seat and work on it. Let me remind you of another saying.. a Chinese proverb to be precise
Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes
Now it is totally your responsibility to decide which category you would like to be in.

Before ending this letter, one mom-like instruction: DRIVE CAREFULLY. I need not see another post like last time. Also don’t think you are a great actor that you successfully pretended innocent for not having pollution under control (PUC) certificate of the bike in front of the policeman. You simply bored him for half hour to get away without a ticket and no bribe :P. So get the PUC thing done too and soon. Ok now before this letter seems like a to-do list let me end this by another saying.. yes another one and guess who said it.. Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin & Hobbes.
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I’ll bet they’d live a lot differently
While you mull over this let me wish you again a very happy b’day and have a great time.

Yours truly,
Who else but you only
---------
EDIT: I don’t know how much this makes sense to you all but I needed this dose from myself. Thanks for your wishes in case you wish.. err.. i meant in case I am not able to reply :P

16 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

Happy Birthday Sudeep!

Great letter. You are right, don't look at it as getting older. Look at it as maturing.

Movement in a new direction helps you find your possibilities

I really like that too.

Have a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy happy happy bday dear Sudeep HUGGGGGGGGGGGGZ!

wut u doin to celebrate? :)
Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Many Happy Returns Of The Day Mate!
Have a Blast :-)

Cheers,
HP

Kathy said...

awwwww Happy Birthday Sweetie!! muaahhhhhh that on nose and this one muaahhhhhh on forehead lol!! ^_^

have a blast dear and do keep one slice of cake on fridge
coz i'll be droppin' by at midnight lol! dun lock the door okie?... *wink* ^_~

... wishin u all the best in life and more more blessings and good health too! do stay as cool as u are!

luv ya!!

hugss,
-kathy-

Kathy said...

hey i have a cake for u on my blog... ^_^ hehe... do come and have a taste lol!! it looks yummyyyyyyyy!! ^_~

teacup said...

lots of hugs!! I specially pray that you get to eat some cake on your birthday knowing your luck with it...have a great birthday...thanks for the letter...though I don't know what you were talking about...it made some sense 0f mine own to me...:)

Happy birthday again:) live long and live good:)

Vipul said...

Happy bday bday boi
I pray that you get all the wonders in your life
And let this day bring a great gift for u :p i hope ur office walas give a net access to u hehe

ishipishi said...

soooo kya kiya b'day mei????:)...hope u had a whole lot of fun!....:))

did u get my card???

keep smilin :)

PrAcHi said...

Hi Sudeep.. Belated happy birthday. It was on 16th, no?

:) Yeah.. getting matured is definitely better that getting old. Word-wise as well as meaning-wise. Some people just grow old, but they never get matured! *sigh*

Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes
So true.

Happy b’day to you one more time, hope you get everything as per your wishes. Have a great day and bright future :) May god bless you and girls kiss you ;)!

PS: A question... Do the pune policeman actually catch you if you don’t have ur PUC done? I mean, after seeing the traffic rules followed in pune by the any-vehicle-drivers, it actually made me think if there are any traffic police in pune! Nothing like traffic rules followed in mumbai are very great, but still traffic police are there to find the bakras from whom they can get the bribe and make their day! :D

PrAcHi said...

Hah.. finally I managed to post the comment with my ID.. in last week nothing was working for me :(

PrAcHi said...

Hay.. check this out w.r.t. your last post "From a point P.."!
http://www.mid-day.com/news/city/2006/december/148671.htm

Neha said...

I dunno...the letter thingi...pata nahi...no comments on that.........

I recommend u coming to B'lore in Jan..now that Vaibhav too is planning to come :D

teacup said...

hey did u get my card? coz I didnt get any return receipt:S

Sudeep said...

@A/B: thnx for the wishes.. :)
i did have a nice b'day stretching over 2-3 days

@Keshi: thnx a lot.. :)
i didnt do anything.. ppl arnd me did lot though.. wait till jan to see the pics

@HP: thnx for the wishes :)

Sudeep said...

@Kathy: thnx for the wishes :)
n for the cake on ur blog too..

@Yashita: thnx a lot.. n i would be having cake tomorrow at ur place definitely n lots of it i mean :D

@Vipul: lol.. sach yaar yeh wala gift milta toh badhiya hota.. he he
thnx for the wishes :)

Sudeep said...

@Ishita: will write on tht in Jan.. thnx for the wishes.. n i forgot to fwd the card link to gmail frm office id.. lekin karunga yaad se

@Prachi: thnx for the wishes.. :)
lol.. i read tht girls kiss you line many times.. hope it works :D
n yes there r policemen here too who are hiding in some corner to pounce on their prey

@Neha: either i suck in writing letters or u r lazy to read them.. n i will go with the second option this time :P

@Yashita: got it :)